Have a look at
the events in 2020!
SZÁNTÓD AND ITS SURROUNDIG CAN OFFER A LOT FOR THOSE WHO PREFER SHORTER OR EVEN SOME LONGER EXCURSIONS.
Szántód offers innumerous experiences for those who tend to leave the convinience of the beach and exploring the area on foot.
We have collected the programme selection that awaits the guests on cloudy days:
- The northern shore could be easily reached by taking the ferry where you can visit the famous Tihany Abbey. The unforgettable view of the Balaton is the reward for the ones who decide to visit the place. The Csúcs Hill in Thany becomes purple in every year owing to the flowering of the lavender field. According to this the visitors may have a quick look at the Lavender Visitor Center. On the streets of Tihany the craftworkers are selling their products and you can taste the local dishes almost everywhere in the town. On every Saturday between 8 AM and 14 there is a local market organised.
- The public beach of Zamárdi is situated only 10 minutes on foot from our camping where the Balaton Sound, the Be My Lake and the Strand Festival are being organised in this year either.
- Bike rental possibility nearby for the best possible price.
- Our guests can easily reach Balatonföldvár within ten minutes by bike on the new bicycle route where they can dip into the teeming life of the harbour whatever can choose from the cultural programmes such as the Kultkikötő which is used to known as an open theater. The event is ongoing from the 22th of June 2020.
- By trekking 5 to 10 minutes we can get to Zamárdi where the fans of extreme sports can challenge themsleves in the local paintball arena, test their abilities in the go-cart court, our visit the adventure park.
- In Zamárdi we have to spend some time in the watchtower of Kőhegy where the shorest way to approach it is from the direction of the railway station.
- In ten minutes you can reach Szántódpuszta where several fine artist, cultural historical and etnographical exhibitions can be found. Every Saturday there is a fleamarket organised. The event is recommended for those who prefer to dip in the world of old souvenirs and antiquties.
- The camping is ideal for guests starting their trip from Balatonfüred via Siófok and arriving back to Szántód. This is the so called small round which is about 75km. The better prepared ones can start the journey from Tihany via Keszthely and then after passing Balatonlelle and fullfilling 130 km arriving back to Szántód.
- For lovers of floating we would recommend to choose one of the scheduled boats or ferries working between the harbours, such as the one 4km from our camping, in the city of Balatonfödvár.
- The Attila József Museum in Balatonszárszó is highly recommended for the one loves the Hungarian literature and the life of it's famous representative.
- A must see sight is the Zoltán Latinovits Memorial House in Balatonszemes which represents many unique memories and relics of the life of the famous actor.
- Every night there is the local garden cinema waiting for the one likes to watch the new movies in Zamárdi.
- It is worth passing the lake by ferry and to visit Tapolca where you can find the mill pond and the lake cave which is the only lake that could be discovered by boat.
- In the city of Veszprém you might have a look at the fortress and the zoo.
- If you are interested in history we would definitely recommend to visit Nagvázsony and Sümeg. Nagvázsony is the home of several museums and in Sümeg you can admire the castle games in every year.
In bad weather the Galerius Spa and Wellness Centre in Siófok demontrates the taste of the Hungarian spa culture. An other well-known spa is situated 40 km from the camping in the settlement of Igal.
- Siófok could be rapidly reached by train where the night life is constantly going on in summer. Nobody has to take the driver role since there are scheduled trains back in early morning. You can easily come back to the camping by using one of them.
- The western part of the Balaton is also an hour away thanks to the railway network around the lake. There you should visit the Festetich Castle in Keszthely at least once.
Do not hesitate to book now!